10/17/11

New Album coming: Accessible Depth

In between the Joey Stuckey Album MIXTURE and the teaching and stuff, i've also been working on a new album of keyboard originals titled Accessible Depth. It will feature 10 tracks of mostly piano music, but has a few fully-fleshed out tunes. All are originals - except for "At The Cross", which is an original arrangement of the old hymn tune.

Church, meet jazz!

Actually, At The Cross originally appeared on the album Seasons by tom&co. I like that version so much I thought I'd reuse it....especially since it was recorded at 3 in the morning after a 14 hour marathon recording session. We recorded two takes - if I remember correctly it was just me, the engineer Mark Baltzglier, and the drummer Dennis Palmer (who was just hanging around to watch). Both takes were excellent - I remember it took us a while to decide which take to keep.

So watch this space for more news coming up - I'm hoping to get this thing back before Thanksgiving, but have a lot of work to do on it in the meantime!

It will be available over on CDbaby, iTunes, at my own site (MacMusicGuy.com) and eventually Spotify and Last.fm.

Watch this space - or remember you can subscribe and get an email when I post something here.